This great article Mobile Shoppers Are Taking Over the World. Here’s What To Do About It was written last year, but I suspect these numbers are even higher today!
If you’re one of the non-believers about the growth of mobile, take a look at these cold hard facts.
- More than $1 billion in products were purchased on Amazon on a mobile device last year.
- 73% of U.S. mobile Internet users used Amazon via browsers or apps in Q4 2013.
- Mobile devices will account for 30% of global retail e-commerce spending by 2018, up from 15 percent in 2013.
- “Cyber Monday” in 2013 saw retail sales via mobile and tablets approach $400 million in the U.S. alone.
- 80% of mobile users’ purchasing decisions are influenced by the mobile channel, even if that’s not where they make their final purchase.
This confirms why your ecommerce website should be built responsive so that your customers can easily make purchases from their mobile devices.